10/24/23

Courses in Doctoral Supervision

via GIPHY

This year, 2023, will be my fourth year of doing some teaching for the annual university-wide faculty professional development course on Doctoral Supervision at University of Bergen UPED 691: Becoming a Supervisor: Community, Expertise, Dialogue. Each time this course has quite interesting discussions, and includes lecturers and young professors from a vast array of academic fields, so I look forward to it.


I am now developing a similar course for faculty at Western Norway University of Applied Sciences through the Global Competence Partnership project. Also, I am now authoring a book chapter that discusses this topic through a critical literature review as well as reflections on my own experiences as a PhD student and mentor. There is so much to say about this topic, and I am hopeful that the chapter will be useful for readers. 


Here are links to postings about previous years in which I taught for this course: https://sociomusicology.blogspot.com/2020/10/doctoral-supervision-course.html

 

No comments: